Jun 26, 2012

Re: Update to Supporter Record

The shit IS getting deep in my inbox. Some of the political campaigns' e-mails/requests/demands/plees have been quite pissy. They have surprised me. I've been hitting "unsubscribe," and I've been angered by the fact that I feel guilty when I do it. Yesterday, I replied to one. But my bitchin' was modest, and it's not like anybody (but you) will read it (that is, if you want to) . . . I probably should have wrote a poem instead . . .  "Poetry = Anger x Imagination."  ~ Sherman Alexie

Re: Update to Supporter Record
Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

To: info@dscc.org

Re: e-mails from Rosenbaum, DSCC Director of Online Communications.
Please do not threaten me with the consequences that might happen if I do not donate $5 to your campaign immediately. Also, please do not bring up my "record" as if you might shame me into contributing seeing as I have yet to offer some scarce cash to fight the Romney agenda (capitalism? you're against it? why do I question this?). I would like to think that I have the power to bring the walls crumbling down if I don't contribute, but we both know this isn't true. I am a democrat and a liberal thinker and I am a writer and a teacher and the most I can do at this time is spread information. However, I can't help but feel disrespected by threats and "record" checks. My family and I need our cash for things like cheap toilet paper. I would tell you more of our sad story, but I am near to certain that you are not interested, and I have a feeling you couldn't relate if I did tell it to you (although I try to be slow to judge). Here's an idea: Instead of you blowing five dollars on your next cheeseburger or on a pair of snazzy new dress socks, skip it and put that money back into the campaign. From me. Your welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment